Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Post-op Day 2?

I don't know if this is officially considered day one or day two post-op, as I was banded at 730AM yesterday. I have felt pretty good all day and only ended up napping once in the afternoon.
I have had minimal gas pains and some slight abdominal pain, but have been staying on top of my pain medications, which seems to help keep it under control. I have noticed that my abdominal area is more sore when I wake up, regardless of when I took my pain medication. I am assuming this is because my muscles experience the stiffness of laying still for so long.
I haven't been able to eat much today, mostly due to the gas that plays around in my tummy- it doesn't seem to want to share space with food. I have had one protein shake, one Greek yogurt, and 6oz of veggie broth. I also drank a cup of peppermint tea, a diet Snapple, and about 16-20oz water. Tomorrow I will be using my protein powder and mixing it with some milk to get some more protein in.
Each time I eat, I get full rather quickly and then have some gas discomfort. I find myself burping a lot today, which seems to help with relieving the gas. I have also noticed an increase in flatulence today, which has provided some relief as well. I guess anyway it leaves the body is better than staying. I have also walked a decent amount today, about 2.5 miles according to my Fitbit. I am trying to stay active and moving, as I've read it helps a lot with gas.
Honestly, I expected recovery to be much worse, so I don't know if I'm in the small minority that doesn't experience too many problems or if I am just doing the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment