Hello everyone! I have not had many changes, thus the lack of posts. I was able to pick off some of the steri-strips around my incisions after day 10 and started to use Scar Zone to hopefully make the scars barely visible. I guess it really doesn't matter, as I won't be wearing anything ever where someone could see my tummy.
Today, I had a late breakfast at a local diner of oatmeal. Isn't it funny that we are pleased with so little after a liquid diet? It was delicious and I stayed full for about 5 hours on the 1.25 cups I had. For dinner, I had some mashed potatoes. I am still full from those, and actually ate them a little faster than I should have, so I feel extra full. I definitely need to watch that. Even though I'm not on solid foods yet, I am trying to be mindful of the rules and chew everything to bits and not drink for 30-45 minutes after meals. I started practicing the rules a couple weeks post-op, so am doing pretty well.
I went into a local supplement store today and bought a little jug of Jay Robb dreamsicle protein powder today, as well as one of the single serve packs of strawberry and vanilla powder. I haven't tried the dreamsicle, but had heard so many positive reviews that I decided to just get it. I haven't ever really tried a strawberry protein mix, so wanted to test that as well. I currently have a vanilla powder that is okay, but wanted to sample the Jay Robb to see if it is better. I know I will probably incorporate protein drinks in my diet as an on-the-go kind of thing, so I'd really like to have something I can stand. I will try the dreamsicle for breakfast tomorrow :) At the supplement store, I also found a chewable iron for fairly cheap. I tried it when I got home and it tasted fine. I have noticed a definite lack of energy since stopping my iron pill before surgery. I had contemplated trying to take it again, but it is pretty large and I would really hate to get a pill stuck or have it sit above the band and possibly cause problems.
On another note, I saw a deal on Living Social today for one month of unlimited kickboxing classes for $19, so I figured I'd buy it and try it out. I do have a all-club membership at 24 hour fitness, but their group classes (well, the ones I want to go to) are usually during my work hours of 6:30-2ish. This particular place offers classes at 5 and 7PM, so much better for my schedule. I did try to get on my treadmill the other day, but it still feels like a little much. I think it is due to the fact I've been on liquids. I'm going to give it a few more days and then try again. Ultimately, I'd like to find an exercise class to do 2 or 3 nights a week. I think I'm also going to try yoga out...
No comments:
Post a Comment