Saturday, March 17, 2012

I am ready.

I think I have absolutely everything ready for surgery, and it's not for another two days! I went to Safeway last night to stock up on yogurt and to look at broth selections, only to find that the Safeway organic broths and the Yoplait Greek yogurts were on sale! I don't know if I went a little overboard, but I bought six 4-packs of yogurt, 8 or 9 assorted broths, and some cream of mushroom, broccoli, etc soups... Better over prepared than under prepared, no? Well, actually, I did want to go to Cash & Carry and pick up some sugar free syrups for my protein drinks. I am expecting an arrival of three different protein powders from Walmart on Tuesday, along with a couple robes I ordered for comforts sake.

I am seriously considering getting the hydrostatic body weight done in the near future. It is supposed to be the most accurate way to find fat vs lean body mass. I would really like to know my "true" body fat and go from there. I have also read about something called "The Pod," which supposedly is similar to the underwater weighing, but you sit in an enclosed pod and the measurments are taken. In comparisons, it appears the hydrostatic/underwater body weight is based exactly on your data, whereas the Pod uses a density calculation to assume...

I am still extremely excited about surgery and cannot believe it is Tuesday! I am a little thrown off by my schedule due to working these extra shifts so I don't lose any of my salary, but all is well. I have a feeling that I will be off in relation to my weekly timeline for two or three weeks until I get a real Saturday and Sunday off again.

I am hoping for a total of 25 pound pre-op loss on the day of surgery. I am doing Full liquid diet for today, Sunday, and Monday and so it really doesn't seem too far fetched to think I can lose another 4 pounds in that time. I will also be working those days, so I'm guaranteed a nice calorie burn.

Speaking of calorie burn (and more on how I know that next), I have always wondered how it's possible for my calorie burn to be so high, my food intake to be normal, and still not lose weight? I seriously went on a crazy exercise/low calorie last year from September 2010 til February 2011. I lost almost 40lbs,, until I tell you that all happened from September-November. The only problem was that my calorie burn from December-February was at least 3300 per day and I was only consuming at most 1600 calories per day (and that was on a busy eating day!!!). I don't know exactly where my extra 1600+ calorie deficit went, but it did not come off of me. Later, I came to be diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and I have heard mixed reviews about if that could or could not cause my problem. I have also been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia (that iron supplement isn't really doing me too much good, huh?) and low Vitamin D (I'm in the NW, this is to be expected). Could it have been a combination of these three undiagnosed conditions?? No one's to say, but I hope this time I can find my true speed.


Okay, now back to my calorie burn. Have I told you guys about my Fitbit yet? I absolutely love my Fitty, and would recommend it to anyone, anywhere, WLS or not because it is an amazing tool in losing/gaining/maintaining weight. I love that it's so low profile that I hook it on my bra and it counts total steps, stairs, calories, mileage, and extra activity level.


It's pretty cheap and provides an online interface to log food in too. I have also pre-ordered their new wireless scale due out in the end of April, which will do wireless syncing with my online account. The scale is supposed to provide weight, body fat, and BMI. I came to Fitbit from Bodybugg (aka Bodymedia) and would hands down recommend this over Bodybugg any day of the week. Seriously, look into the Fitbit if you haven't already. It is an amazing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment