Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 9

Okay, I am finally back to write an extended blog. Not much has happened in the week since surgery. I did go to Las Vegas, ever so briefly, but did not partake in the usual celebrations there. I brought some ready-to-drink protein drinks with me, but the hotel I stayed in did not have a fridge (well, correction: It had a fridge, but was stuffed full of things you had to buy, and if you moved any of it the time sensors assumed you bought it and charged it to your room). Because of no way to not drink my shakes at room temperature, I decided to eat soft foods as necessary. I was amazed at the pretty quick feedback that told me when I was full, since I would only eat a small amount of food. It was really quite the blessing.

On other notes, my incision sites are looking good. I have now started the itchy healing phase and it is driving me crazy! I find myself lightly rubbing the incisions over my shirt, so then I'm not finger nail scratching and re-opening them. My surgical tape is slowly peeling away as well. The only incision I can see any obvious glue in is the one along my bra line. I keep being paranoid about the possibility of infection, and have now had two people, including myself, look at them to see if anything funny was happening. I guess I just needed to reassurance because when I was first banded, the skin all around the incisions was badly bruised. They were also light pink, but as the bruising has faded, the pink is obvious. I am crossing my fingers all goes well. I finally am able to wash them in the shower, so this morning I used antibacterial soap on them.

My countdown to pureed foods is on! I am getting pretty tired of yogurt, soup, and protein shakes. I did open my Vanilla protein powder tonight and mixed it with a cup of milk and decided I definitely liked how the taste was very subtle and let me still taste the natural goodness of the milk :) I am struggling to eat all of the yogurt I bought before the expire date, although in my experience yogurt lasts a couple days after as long as it's not open. I am planning on eating one with breakfast and one with dinner til they are gone so I don't waste them. I have also found that the broths I stocked up on have proven pretty useless. I have mainly stuck with creamy soups, yogurts, and protein drinks, go figure. I guess I can make some nice soups when I'm back to eating normal phase.

I guess that's it for this evening :)

1 comment:

  1. Those first weeks are so hard sometimes. Congratulations with your Las Vegas success despite the fridge issues. I am in LV right now! :)

    wishing you continued success and enjoy those yogurts :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete