Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not band related...

Because all of the normal people in my life are sleeping, I am coming to my blog to "speak."
After a lot of thinking, I decided that I needed to find a cheaper alternative to the place I am living now. I was roped into my apartment for what was $595 a month. I was given an expected monthly cost for water/garbage/electric/gas that added about $100 more. Problem is, I have been paying in excess of $800 a month. Now, if my apartment was in a nice part of town, or was bigger (A LOT bigger), I could justify the cost.
Instead, I live in an okay, but not great location (also known as the beginning of felony flats, haha), have an apartment the size of a walnut, and pay out the kahoony for it.
Probably my biggest peeve is that the water lines are connected between three different homes here, and instead of each home being on its own water meter, they are all together. This means for example, when one home sits vacant for 1.5 months, water costs to me drop by at least $100. When new people inhabit said home and my boyfriend moves out (leaving my side using MUCH less water), my bill rises by $100. I'm pretty sure splitting the water bill three ways is illegal, since I am now using much less water that previous due to one less inhabitant, but am getting charged more than I ever have.

Anyways, after talking with my mom, she spoke with her husband and they decided I could move into the spare room. Although not ideal for me, being a grown adult and all, I am so happy that they are letting me (and my 3 terrorist cats, which is another story completely) move in. And, I was thinking my stepdad would want $150-200 a month in rent, but he only wants $50 :) :) :) I am up to my head in credit card debt, school debt, and overall general poverty. I have saved enough to get my band and followup care, but other than that, I am up a creek without a paddle. So, this is a relief and a blessing for me.
My boyfriend is not thrilled, nor am I, but this is all for the best. I am just so glad I have this opportunity. I am somewhat bummed that I can't put my 30 day notice in now and save some rent money, but the alternative would be to push my surgery date back, which is not happening. I'm more than willing to wait the 4 weeks, as per surgeon instruction, before I can start actually lifting the things I need to move.

Okay, that's all for tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Well howdy,

    I am a long term bander at goal and according to lapband gal we are living in the same area. Good luck with your upcoming band surgery! I will start reading back on your blog to catch up :)

    I am at: http://tinasweight-lossjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did add your blog to my follow list :)

    ReplyDelete