Saturday, April 28, 2012

Question for old timers...

Okay, this is a quick post as I just got home from a wonderful musical and am very tired.

Before the musical, we went out to dinner. I ordered a small chili and a garden salad. I ate some of the veggies from the salad first, then ate my chili. I definitely ate less than my previous meal at this restaurant and definitely felt some restriction.

I have heard the older bandsters say that they get a lump in their throat and that is their signal to stop eating. I got that tonight, and have realized that I have another  too (one that comes before the lump). This signal is characterized by taking a large, deep breath, almost like I'm trying to expand my stomach. It's really a bad signal, because for the most part it means I'm full and am wanting to eat more.

This is my question:  
Do you old timers eat until you experience your signal?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - just found your blog through the LBT board.

    I'm not an old timer, but my husband is. He got his band about 2 years ago and has done great, so he's kinda my band mentor, if you will.

    He tries to stop before he gets the "signal", but he'd tell you that he often winds up eating until he gets "stuck" (gets the stuck feeling/lump you mentioned) and then has to get up and walk it off. (He says moving around helps more than anything.)

    I'd say it's better to stop before you experience your signal, but I know that's a challenge for all of us!

    ReplyDelete