Advice please: What do you wear to an Aqua class?
Tomorrow I go to my first group psychology session. Last time I was at the surgeon's office, they had a sign up asking if anyone would be interested in participating in a group for overeating, based on the book "The End of Overeating." I figured, what the heck, it would probably be useful. They contacted me a few weeks ago and said the group was a go. Insurance should cover it (they will cover it as long as it's medically necessary- I'd hope medically necessary includes getting tools for the $20k surgery they just paid for). I bought the book, but honestly have been so busy I haven't started reading it yet.
After group, I will head to the local 24 Hour Fitness closest to the gym and get my measurements taken. I haven't had them taken in over a year, and am interested in seeing where I'm at being that I'm almost to the same weight I was at the last measurement. I also plan on doing light cardio tomorrow, mainly because the monthly Lapband support group is at 6:30 back at the hospital, so I don't want to get all sweaty.
All in all, I've got a pretty full day. I'm also planning on doing my math homework between the therapy group and the Lapband support group.
On a last note, I have found a new favorite lunch/dinner! I manage a franchise restaurant, and this week we got a completely renovated menu. The company has come out with wraps, so I make a delicious turkey wrap with light mayo (brought from home), tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, mushroom, lettuce blend, onions, and turkey and then cut it in half and eat one half for lunch and one for dinner. It's about 275 per half, so it definitely satisfies the calorie requirements. I also put extra turkey on for an added protein boost, so it's a pretty healthy meal!
I have also decided to stop supplementing my regular meals with protein shakes, firstly because I really want to be eating my calories/protein and secondly because there seems to be something wrong with the protein mixes I've bought or something wrong with me (hmmm, common theme?)... I mentioned in a previous post that I had bought a tub of the Tropical dreamsicle from Jay Robb (still A+) and a sample packet of the strawberry. After trying the strawberry, I thought it was pretty good, so I went and bought a small canister and a sample pack of the chocolate. I had the strawberry yesterday and chocolate today and my taste buds where just not happy. I'm still getting that weird kind of soapy flavor, but I am using completely different protein blenders so don't feel that's the problem. I am contemplating returning the strawberry (the place I bought it from has a full return policy on opened products if you are dissatisfied) . I will probably give it one last go in the next few days to see if maybe my milk is causing my taste confusion (when I originally tried the strawberry, I had a different brand of milk). If not, it's going back because I am not going to try to get soapy protein shakes down... It's definitely a recipe for disaster!
*** Weight update: I have not lost any weight over the past few days, even though I am religiously weighing out my portions. I definitely think it is due to my transition to more normal foods and my body getting used to them again. I'm not discouraged, but dang, hurry up already!!!! :)
I used to go to a water aerobics class and you'll see all types of suits and bodies. No one is looking at you, usually they are too worried about what they look like. Make sure it has good support for your "girls" We did a lot of jumping/bouncing in the water, and you don't want to worry about spillage ;)
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll test it out before going! Do some jumps, etc :)
DeleteThank you!
I finally got all caught up on your posts!!
ReplyDeleteI just have to ask, what are you going to school for?
When will your surgeon ok you for a fill?
Originally I was going to school for nursing, but have since changed. Right now I am focusing on getting my bachelor's in psychology, and then I will decide if I want to go to graduate school for psychology, graduate school for teaching, or possibly join law enforcement. It just seems that there's too many decisions!
DeleteAs for a fill, I should be receiving one on my visit April 23. Hopefully...