Spin class = the devil. literally. I'm not joking.
So, I've kind of made this pact with myself to try every fitness class available at my gym, regardless of whether I think I will like it or not. The ultimate goal is to find a couple classes I like and can stick with long term. Tonight proves that spin/cycling is definitely not one of those!
First things first, I got to class right at start time, so everyone was already on their bikes and pedaling away. I brought my yoga mat with me because that was the next thing I was doing, so I set my mat along the wall and went to one of the back bikes, conveniently situated between the Hulk and a very small, very fit woman. Where do I start with my lists of bad??: My seat would not adjust. I was literally on mini-me level the whole hour and could not adjust the seat, even though I stopped three times to try. This not only caused me to sit at an angle I would usually not ride bikes at, but I feel also contributed to the last bad I will list. Next, the display monitor did not work for my bike. The instructor would say "you should be doing between 85-100" or "we're doing speeds now so you should be at 120." Well that's all great and dandy, except when there's no monitor, there's no way of knowing what your doing and at what speed... Boo. Now, the worst part, and I mean the WORST, is that my butt hurt like no other during, after, and even now! I don't know what kind of torturous, self-loathing people would subject themselves to the pain of cycle class, but they are h-a-r-d-c-o-r-e.
Moving on: I also went to yoga, which was a nice, relaxing way to end my workout. There was a different instructor today and she did different positions/movements. By the end when we were laying on our backs doing stuff, I literally almost fell asleep. I was 100% relaxed. I am finding that I do have an issue with some of the moves, specifically when they require a lot of weight/pressure to be placed on the wrists. I can only hold the moves temporarily, and then the pain is too much and I have to stop. I will ask an instructor the next go around if there is something I can do to help relieve some of the pain.
Tomorrow is my aqua class. I'm kind of nervous about that, because I literally have not worn a swimsuit around anyone other than my boyfriend for two or three years, at least. I guess I'll see how it goes though :)
Ok, I'm off to watch a movie and go to sleep. I am pretty tired this week, mostly from my sleep schedule being wacky and staying up too late.
Good for you for trying! I am still too scared to walk in the door of a gym!
ReplyDeleteLittle bike seats are torture devices! This a$$ of mine needs a good two feet of coverage!!
ReplyDeleteJust participating is an act of bravery and you deserve a medal!!