Here's my workout outfit for the day:
Funny story behind these particular capri's: In the past, I have purchased a couple of the slick material workout clothes, but found when I actually started doing a workout that I was pulling up my pants more than working out. When I tried these on in the dressing room, I literally jumped around trying to see if they would slip downwards.
After the gym, I came home and ate my dinner. I then had to go and buy a real Yoga mat, as the one I'd bought was a "fitness" mat and didn't really grip the floor well. Each time I'd move my legs, my mat would follow! The instructor finally went and grabbed a real mat for me, and things went better. I was glad I took this particular Yoga class, as the instructor could obviously tell I was new and needed some help. She would come over and correct me when needed, and would give me positive feedback when I was doing it right. One thing's for sure, I will never doubt the effort that Yoga takes!!!
Zumba class was also good. I've done Zumba a few times in the past, and frankly I just plain suck at it. I do like how fast it goes, so it makes for a fun workout. I have always been terrible with choreographing, so trying to learn moves in a room full of probably 50 other people isn't too great. I didn't really care too much (I'm sure I looked ridiculous flailing about but if you can't laugh at yourself, then you need to loosen up) and if I couldn't get the move down I just kind of made up my own. I figured the important thing was to keep moving to make it an actual workout. Maybe someday I'll get better :)
Here are my measurements for today:
Neck- 15.25"
Chest- 47.5"
Waist- 48.5"
Hip- 50.375"
Thigh- 25.375"
Calf- 17.25"
Upper arm- 14.875"
Forearm- 11.625"
What blows my mind is that the last time I was in the high 220's, I had my measurements done and they were a lot less! For instance, my waist was 44.5"... I was working out religiously at that point, and had been doing so for over three months. I just can't believe how crazy different our weight distribution can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment