Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 21 (What?!)

I am in the process of packing things to move at the end of the month, and so yesterday while I was going through my outdoor shed I came across some paperwork from my personal training sessions at 24 hour fitness from 10/10-1/11. The day I started the training I was at 250. When I stopped training in January, I weighed in at 228. RIGHT NOW I am only about 7 pounds away from this weight.
I still have a membership to 24 Hour, and am thinking of going in within the next few days and seeing if I can get someone to take my measurements so I can compare them with the ones I have. My surgeon's office did take basic measurements at my first appointment, so it would be nice to contrast those. I am also still highly interested in getting some kind of accurate body fat testing done. So far, it looks like the Pod may be my best option.
The past week has been slow moving in weight loss. I have started to eat more normal foods and I know that's why. I'm not getting upset about it or worried because according to the information I've amassed, this is normal. As long as I keep eating right and monitor my exercise and calories, the number will go down. The lowest weight I remember in recent years is about 223, which I hit on The Let's Do Lunch diet (talked about in a previous post). I think I will jump for joy when I get there.
On another note, I went out and bought a pair of 16 pants and an XL shirt yesterday. I am about a comfortable 20 now and am able to wear a pair of pants I couldn't fit into a couple months ago, but thought it would be nice to have some motivational clothes. What's funny is that I will probably only need to buy a few bottoms for my progression around 18-16 as I have enough larger clothes and my mom has a little bin of clothes from my younger years around 12-14. It's exciting to know I won't have to buy a lot of new things (although, this doesn't mean I won't!).
Yesterday I was bumming around on Lapbandtalk and realized as I read someone's post about gas that I have not been experiencing the annoying burping I had been after surgery. Literally, burps would just spontaneously erupt anytime, no matter what! I was glad my boyfriend was the only one around during meal times the first few weeks because it was, frankly, pretty disgusting. I try to pride myself on my (mostly) ladylike manners, so this was definitely not becoming.
Another positive thing that's happened a few times recently is that I will go to Lapbandtalk and find I have a message from a newbie saying they thought I was doing well and what advice did I have for them? It's definitely motivating and touching when I find others looking at my progress and they themselves want to follow it. I did take some new photos the other day, so perhaps I will try to find out how to make a photos tab and upload them.

For tonight, that's all :) I started off this week badly, only getting around 7 hours of sleep last night, so I need to set it straight. Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment