| Laverne (left) & Louie (right) |
| Ella |
Louie is an absolute devil. Because I am living with my mom for awhile til I have some bills paid off, I have a bedroom that is mine and the rest of the house is common area. My cats live in my room and can come out into the main house sometimes, but not as often as they'd like. At night for the last week, Louie wakes me up multiple times scratching at the door or the carpet wanting out. I spray him with water, say no, and am about to drift back to sleep when it starts again. It's not a far stretch to say I feel pretty zombified come morning time. The last few nights I have been crating Louis and then taking him out in the living room and letting him sleep out there overnight. I tried crating him in my bedroom twice, but he woke me up scratching at the door. Now, not only is he a public nuisance at night, he is also starting to not use his litter box. I have training pads in front of the boxes so he's not peeing on the ground, but I am getting really pissed with his little antics. He really is a diva.
Okay, onward to talking about what everyone actually reads this blog for: lapband. I am still struggling with food choices and do well in the AM and early PM, but when night comes it's like I've got the food devil on my shoulder pushing me this way and that. I am working on overcoming. I have noticed that this last fill definitely limits food intake more, but I have not experienced any problems with foods yet.
Ever since surgery, I have had a pretty dismal bathroom life, if you catch my drift. Before surgery, I would usually go #2 once per day. I didn't have problems with constipation or anything. Since surgery, milk of magnesia and I have become pretty good friends. I try to get enough fiber in and even eat fiber gummies, but something is still lacking. Yesterday I went to the supplement store to get my chewable iron and had time to burn so I wondered around a bit. I saw flax seeds, but did not buy because I was waiting on my car at the shop and didn't want to carry them around forever. When I got home, I mentioned flax seed to my mom and voila! she pulled some out of the fridge. This morning I tried them in my smoothie and this afternoon I had some major relief. I am guessing I was pretty constipated even without feeling it (where do you think the food goes when you are only going #2 a few times a week?). I will keep mixing the flax seeds with my smoothies and see if it keeps me regular. That would be nice.
Okay, that's all for now. Goodnight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment