This post goes hand in hand with my posting for "The End of Overeating," but I felt it deserved its own space.
Last night, I was talking on the phone with my honey and bemoaned to him, "I wish I could have eaten more." Not as an "oh poor me," but in the "I wish I could have a few more bites of deliciousness." It's really my inner fat person raring its head saying "neaner neaner neaner, you got this surgery and can't physically eat more but I'm going to taunt you anyways!"
When I said that, my honey said something along the lines of "but that's why you got the surgery." No DUH that's why I got the surgery, but that doesn't mean while they were in there hooking up the band that they also performed brain surgery to rid me of my like of massive amounts of delicious foods. I love him to pieces, but sometimes he takes things a little too literally. Men, huh?
I can definitely tell a huge difference in food consumption after fill #3. I manage a Quiznos and I usually make myself a pretty health conscious lunch. Before this last fill, I could eat a small sandwich and a small side of whatever I'd brought. This fill, I can eat one small grilled turkey flatbread before I feel that soft stop signal in the throat. Maybe tomorrow I will take a pic of a small sandwich vs the flatbread, there's a considerable difference in amount of bread, but same amount of meat. What's really f_cked up is that even though this restriction is exactly what I want, my brain still says it wants more, that the end came too soon for its liking.
I knew this was going to be a mental turnaround when I started, but little things like this really amaze me. How do you get over that hump of wanting more food even when you're full?
I haven't had surgery yet, but I can imagine I will be there with the I wish I could have a few more bites! That is what got me where I am now. I know in reality that I will be able to eat whatever it is I am eating at the moment again, but in the moment, I just want more of the yummy deliciousness that is usually Tex-Mex in my belly.
ReplyDelete