Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday

It's definitely a rainy Sunday, and one I get to work on. I usually have the weekends off, but being I took weekdays off for surgery, I decided to work some weekends up until surgery so I didn't lose any pay. I'm also to one week away, and am really excited!

Yesterday I went out with my honey to a local Italian restaurant, Pastini Pasteria. I order my favorite dish, and throughout the meal practiced mindfulness and listening to my body about its "real" hunger. I ended up only eating about half my meal, when I usually wolf it down. Needless to say, I was definitely proud. It was funny how boring the meal got though, sitting there making sure to take enough bites to actually chew the food before I swallowed, as well as tuning into my own body. It made the meal less enjoyable and left me wondering if this is how thin people treat food? Not like something where you just have to keep shoveling it in without enjoying it, but instead something that you eat slowly and can put the fork down when your body says it's ready...

I also sampled two more Quest bars today and yesterday. Yesterday I had the Lemon Cream Pie bar, which was good. I love the Luna Lemon Zest bars, so I will definitely order it again. I do wish it had a slightly more lemon flavor.
The second bar I had this morning was the Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein bar. I will definitely be ordering that again as well. I could taste both PB and jelly in the bar, and even though I wish the PB was stronger, it was definitely a treat.

Tonight, I get to go to the store and buy my foods for the rest of the week and the two weeks after surgery.  I pretty much know what I'm getting, but am also hoping to price some Diet Snapple teas. If they aren't too spendy, I will buy some of those also.

No comments:

Post a Comment