I am almost officially one week from being banded! I am excited, hopeful, and am running towards it with my arms outstretched. As I peruse the forums, I am continually confronted by people who are not really sure if they want to go through with it or not... All I think is, what do I have to lose? I want to be free from this beast that rides on my shoulders, and the only way to do so is to go through with this. Yes, I have thought about the possible complications, but the safeness of the procedure overrides those possible complications. I can bet you if I don't have this procedure, my blood pressure and cholesterol will sky rocket. I will continue to gain 10-15lb a year. I will be unable to exercise because of pain in my knees. I will continue to destroy myself. Anything is better than that.
Today is day number two of a steadfast pre-op diet. I have been eating as follows:
- Breakfast: Premier Nutrition High protein shake
- Lunch: Quest protein bar with a Yoplait Greek yogurt.
- Afternoon snack: testing various broths I have purchased. Approx 8 oz.
- Dinner: Premier Nutrition high protein shake and one Yoplait Greek yogurt w/2 tsp fiber powder.
Overall, I do not feel too hungry. My tummy does grumble, and if I wait to eat dinner til later (like tonight) I do get hungry. Not the ravenous, "I'll eat anything in my site" but just hungry. I will be going to dinner with my parents tomorrow night, where I will probably be having a steak. I love steak, and it seems like a lot of people have trouble eating it once they are banded. I am not going to pig out, but am most definitely going to savor it. I will also follow my diet plan to a T except for that dinner, and will continue to eat this way til Sunday. Monday I am required to only be on liquids, so no Quest bar. I will probably make myself some broth with unflavored protein powder mixed in.
I was able to order Bandwagon and the accompanying recipe book today. I am glad I will have it before surgery. I also ordered an unflavored protein powder called Fundamental Protein. This particular type is most like Jay Robbs powder, without any additives! I will use this to mix in soups/shakes/etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment