Because my blogging is so wishy-washy, I seem to find a lot of good recipes and products between postings.
1. Steel cut oatmeal pucks a la Trader Joe's:
I probably mentioned the Steel Cut Oatmeal in my last post, but have
since made my own pucks (cost saving measure). I actually was looking up
the calorie information and ran across a blog post from a woman who
took it upon herself to try to make her own pucks, so I went ahead and
followed her recipe. I used Bob's Red Mills quick cook Steel cut oats. I
made two full batches (2 cups uncooked oats) and split the pot between
five muffin pans slots. The quick cook steel cut oats are less calories
than the regular steel cut oats (140 cal vs 170 cal) and my pucks came
out to about 220 calories each. After I had the oatmeal in the muffin
pan (no need to oil or put paper), I put it in the freezer for about
three hours. When I pulled them out, they were about 85% frozen, so I
was able to run a butter knife around them and they popped right out. I
then placed each in its own ziploc.
To reheat: microwave two
minutes, stir/smoosh oatmeal, then heat for another two minutes. I also
added non-fat milk and a tad of Splenda brown sugar mixture. 2. Ground turkey with taco seasoning/salsa/red onions:
When I was at the grocery store earlier to get a few items, I purchased Simply Organic Southwest Taco seasoning. It is wonderfully flavorful. I also bought ground turkey and cooked per instructions and added the taco seasoning with water. After it had simmered long enough, I portioned the mixture into 5oz servings. For tonights meal, I added black bean and corn salsa and fresh red onions- it was definitely delicious!
3. Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt:
I saw these being advertised for the last week and decided to give them a whirl. I am a huge ice cream fan, so anything that replaces ice cream in a healthy way is a go for me. I actually really enjoyed the strawberry flavor! It had the mouth texture of regular ice cream and did not taste too yogurt-y. I also purchased the blueberry flavor, but wish that my local store would have had the raspberry and vanilla bean flavors.
Today I hit 210 on the scale. I know my loss has been slow going for awhile, but a couple pounds is better than no pounds :) I actually purchased a hybrid bike (lightweight and equipped with road tires but has a sitting position like a mountain bike and not a regular road bike) and am waiting for its arrival. When it comes, I am going to start riding it back and forth from work to get my exercise in. I really wish I could find an exercise that I love, but alas it has not happened yet. Maybe someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment