Monday, April 23, 2012

First Fill!

Today was my first fill (and upper GI, followup dietician and physical therapist)! The fill itself was pretty simple and painless. My surgeon performs all fills herself, and had to play around for about 30 seconds to get in the top of the port. Once she was in, she pushed the fluid in/removed it a few times to make sure there was no air, and then away I went :) I am currently waiting on a call back from the surgeon's scheduler, as I can get a fill every two weeks. I figure if I at least schedule the appointment, it's ready for me if the fills don't kick in. At this rate, I would expect to be at restriction in about two months...
On a less excited note, I am back on full liquids for two days due to the fill, even though the dietician just released me for all food types today at my appointment :( I guess it can only get me to lose more weight, so I'll live, but what a bummer!

The dietician was really excited that I've lost so much weight on my own. She also said that she was glad I was getting my 70g+ protein per day, as only about 10% of her patients a month out actually get their protein requirements. She also said a good range for me would be 1200-1400 calories a day. I've been sticking at the low end of that spectrum, but it's nice to know I have some wiggle room. I think I will probably go back to using the tortilla wrap at work, as I really like it and it makes the salad wrap for me. In the last week, I have tested the store bought Mission Sundried tomato wrap and the cheddar jalapeno wrap, but the texture is not the same.

We went to breakfast on Saturday, and as we were leaving the restaurant, I noticed the plus size store next door (Avenue) was having a big clearance sale. I went in and was able to buy one pair of 18's, three pairs of 16's, and two pairs of 14's for a whopping $29!!!! Keep in mind, these pants were originally $35 a piece, so to get them all for less than the price of one was great! I should now have some pants for the next 3 or 4 months (at least) of my journey, which is nice.

Okay, time for me to go enjoy this rare but equally gorgeous sunny day in Oregon.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear your first fill was uneventful - and Woo Hoo on the pants! isn't it great that clothes shopping is starting to be fun again?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is great! I still hesitate buying smaller clothes just yet (I just can't see myself that small!), but the pants deal was something I couldn't pass up! Why spend $20 a pair later, when I can spend $6 now?!

      Delete