It's funny about the position I am in now in terms of my weight loss. Honestly, I keep having reasons why I am only making turtle's pace towards the under 200 club, and honestly, I'll cut the bull and say it out loud: I am afraid to be under 200. I am scared to see a 1 as the starting number to my weight. I think it's ultimately my own fear of failure and regaining all of this weight, so if I can delay the trip to get there, then it's easier for me to process.
Has anyone else had these feelings or thoughts? It's like I've run arms wide open to get to this point, and in the last 10 pounds I have been shaking in my boots. According to my scale, there's only about 10 pounds to go to the elusive 1's, but I'm so confused about it. Of course I WANT to be in the 1's, but mentally I'm having a hard time processing it. I have done so well with my weight loss til now, and I think I am literally getting the head on crash of adjustment I hadn't yet felt. I have lost 6 clothing sizes and numerous inches and it wasn't even second thought til this last month. And now I'm all sorts of confused. I guess the last time I was under 200 was when I was 16, when I was between 180-190 and then ballooned up to 220 that same year.
Any advice folks?
You will get past this.... It is difficult, but you need to see that it is not the end of the journey... but a new starting point. Every goal you pass leads you to another one... You will get there.
ReplyDeleteI just passed this milestone a few weeks ago, and yep, it was almost 20 years since I had seen that '1' as the lead number on my weight. I was playing around with those last 2-3 pounds too.
ReplyDeleteBut - I can tell you that seeing that '1' on the scale really was a moment I won't forget. It felt like validation that I'm doing the right things and have left the '2s' behind for good.
Maybe if you thought of it as a milestone on the journey, not the end of the journey itself - would that help you reframe it as just one more step (a big one, to be sure!) in the road to a healthier you?
You will get there - keep up the great work and the thoughtfulness!!
I think a lot of us feel the same way. It's scary to makes such a big change in our lives. We are our own worst enemies sometimes. It seems for me when I'm close to a goal I subconsciously sabotage myself to not making that goal as quickly as I could. Doesn't make sense. But then again, if I didn't have issues I wouldn't have been over 300 pounds.
ReplyDeleteYou have come so far, and I have no doubt you will make it.