I have been on blogger hiatus because I have been out of town celebrating my birthday! Wednesday was my birthday, so my honey and I drove down to the beach and camped for the evening. My dad, stepmom, brother, sister in law, nephew, uncle, and uncle's girlfriend were able to come and we had a nice night around the campfire eating and drinking (me, mostly drinking, oops). I did partake in a little too much hard liquor, but really stayed away from the food.
The rest of last week was spent at my honey's house. I am now home and back in the game, so to speak.
I went shopping this afternoon and bought food for the week. I focused on good proteins, as well as some fruits and dairy. I go on Thursday for food allergy testing due to my ongoing eczema. I was diagnosed with serious environmental allergans (tree pollen, weed pollen, dust, and mold- pretty much everything except grass here in Oregon) and promptly did what the allergist ordered in terms of bed covers and purifier, but nothing has helped.
Lucky me, many people in my family tree also have gluten or dairy allergies, both of which can cause eczema. SOO, I get to go on Thursday and find if I am one of these lucky souls. I can't imagine giving up gluten or dairy, so I am hoping it's not true (although, I'd really like my ongoing eczema to stop too).
I did a trial calorie logging run today as I was preparing my foods for the week. I made muffin tin frittatas (chicken sausage, pepper mixture, fat free cheddar, and southwest style liquid egg) which came to 125 calories with about 20 protein. I also plan on a yogurt, tuna salad for lunch with pineapple, laughing cow cheese, and some whole grain crackers, and frozen fish with cottage cheese. I'm looking at about 1000 calories with those things all together, which is pretty good. I'm going to try sticking right at 1000 for the rest of the week, as well as getting in 45 minutes of exercise most days of the week.
Sounds like a plan! Good luck with the allergy testing - sounds frustrating for you :(
ReplyDelete