I am almost down to 40 pounds lost, one more measly pound til I get there! And, I only have 4 pounds to go to see the lowest number I can remember seeing in YEARS...
I have been on and off with my eating lately. I am trying to transition to less calorie counting and more into a lifestyle change of healthy eating without obsessing about the numbers. Sometimes (like today), I slip up and eat things I would prefer not to eat often. It's almost like the crazy food monster jumps to my shoulder and starts to tell me all about the deliciousness that is a marshmallow treat and my gullible little head says "oh yes, this is the perfect reason/excuse to eat that treat!"
I have been making relatively smart choices otherwise, but have noticed I have had sweets a couple days this week and I know the way to not want the sweets is to not eat the sweets. I have been exercising almost daily, which is a nice relief to check off my list. I started jogging again a week or two ago after an almost 2 year hiatus (I was an avid jogger for 4 or 5 months in 2010). Today my exercise was rather informal- I run a restaurant and so I walk to the bank on decent days and do the deposits. Today I got on the phone with my dad and instead of getting off the phone when I got to the bank, I decided to walk along the Willamette Park waterside trail and then walked blocks around the bank for a total of about 55 minutes of exercise.
I was able to run about 3.5 miles last week, which was a huge success for me being that I had not run any real distance in quite some time and the run before was about 1.5 miles.
I have had a couple NSV's in the past week:
1. I still talk to my former co-workers who have moved on to other jobs and one came to see me the other day. I think last time he saw me, I was pushing my highest weight, and he just stopped and said "Wow, have you lost a ton of weight?!" Needless to say, I was beaming on the inside :)
2. I have had a couple of the same tank tops for a few years and have always had to tug on them when I put them on to stretch them out a bit so they didn't cling to my stomach. yesterday I wore one and there was no need for tugging! In fact, it was a little too big :)
Well, that's about it for now. I am out of town after work tomorrow and will be headed to the beach this Saturday to work on a geology photo journal (who knew class could be so rewarding? :).
No comments:
Post a Comment