Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hi :)

Wow, it has been some time since I've been here to blog, oops :)
 I have been busy living life and those whatnots. I got my third fill about a month ago, and I definitely have more restriction than ever. I PB'd often the first week post-fill, and now am pretty okay to eat without incidence. I do find that the few times I've gone out to eat since the fill can be pretty irritating. I've actually had to get to-go boxes and take my whole meal home because I am unable to eat it right in the restaurant, which is really pretty unfortunate. I find that my honey likes to dote on me when I am having any eating issues, which is pretty annoying to me because I'd like to not have it be a point of interest. There's nothing that anyone can do to help it pass, so I don't even like to have it mentioned.

On another note, I am hanging around 211 right now. I am actually really happy with my progress and can't believe I've been so blessed with this tool. Even on days when my eating is not good, I can get right back on track with minimal problems. I would estimate my calories are between 1000-1200 on a normal day and higher on off days. I am still able to eat anything, although I do tend to avoid any breads that are not thin.

I am thinking I will not need a fill for the immediate future. I am full for 4-5+ hours after eating and am satisfied after a small portion. I do get hungrier at night, which I would chock up to the band being a bit looser from the day. I really don't want to get another fill and have more eating issues than I do now. I really have to be careful and diligent with my bites/chewing or I am in trouble.

On the positive side, I have now OFFICIALLY surpassed the halfway mark for my goal weight!!! Some days it seems like I have been on this journey f-o-r-e-v-e-r, but then I put it in perspective and see I've only actually had my tool for five months. I am not in any hurry to get this weight off, as I am enjoying this journey in a healthy and meaningful way. I am guessing by my one year anniversary (7 more months), I will have lost another 20-30 pounds and I am okay with that.  I could also get really strict with my eating and exercise and try and lose the 7 pounds a month required to hit goal by March 20 2013. I don't know, some days it seems that would be better, but the other half of me wants to make this a lifestyle and I don't think extreme dieting/exercise is conducive to my lifelong outlook. Oh the choices :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the "just please stop talking about my band" thing - but hey, I think you have a good attitude and realize this is a long-haul kind of thing, so YAY YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for passing the halfway mark. :)

    ReplyDelete