Oh. My. Goodness.
This guacamole is so delicious, especially combined with Trader Joes savory whole grain crackers! See link below to salivate at the mouth. Did I mention it has 50% less fat and 40% less calories than regular gauc?
http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=704
I went to Trader Joes tonight to get some groceries for the week. I bought the new Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts at Safeway (80 calories, 12g protein) this morning, along with some cereal to mix in for more protein/fiber. I still needed some dinner ideas, and I had recalled some bandsters talking about how Trader Joes has good band portions, so I said "what the heck" and drove over after work.
I walked in and ended up in the hummus/fake meats/prepared foods/cheese section. I almost bought the hand cut turkey (real turkey, not deli meat) but saw the non-meat steak and chicken. I had heard a radio broadcast a while back about fake meats tasting more and more like the real thing, so I decided to give them a try. They are about 110 calories and 20g protein. I always look at fake meats as a gamble of sorts, so I am hoping these are good.
The frozen section was also my friend (I'm not much of a cook, if you couldn't tell). I found a shepard's pie (2 servings, 190 cal and 18g protein each), chicken with poblano sauce (approx 200 cal), and some other low-cal, high protein dinner dish that I can't seem to recall right now. I did see chicken enchiladas and a few other yummy looking dishes that could be split in two meals, but I was only buying enough for this week.
I also managed to find veggie straws (like chips), raisin bran clusters (TJ brand, high fiber), fiber plus fruit leathers (60 cal, 6g fiber), and diet ice cream sandwiches with a chocolate wafer (140 cal). Not so bad, I think :)
Otherwise, my weekend was good. I spent Saturday at the coast and spent Sunday hiking/blackberry hunting. Both endeavors were fun, and I'm actually going to go round up more blackerries this weekend.
I do not have a current weight because I have been away from the scale, but will find where I'm at in the AM. I am guessing I will be between 212-214....

looks yum!
ReplyDelete